Our team of experts can quickly assess complex situations and provide our clients with strategic guidance to help maximize the value of their investments. Our team is comprised of senior professionals with extensive experience in hotel operations, hospitality litigation and expert testimony, fractional ownership, contracts review, capital markets, hotel repositioning, acquisition and dispositions, management contract negotiations and franchise selection. Senior lever industry experts run and staff every engagement. We deliver timely and accurate advice and results.
Chasen Capital Advisors provides a full range of advisory services to the hospitality industry including the following:
- Pre-acquisition and pre-foreclosure services
- Assessing value and capitalization to help client determine whether or not to pursue or proceed with a transaction.
- Assessing strategic alternatives for taking ownership to maximize performance enhancement opportunities.
- Material contract review to determine which are assignable, which survive a change in control or foreclosure, which are terminable, and which enhance or burden operating performance. Material contracts may include employee and union contracts, management contracts and franchise agreements, commercial leases, group bookings, as well as travel related contracts.
- Assessing strategic business and marketing plan(s) as well as management’s tactical execution thereof.
- Reviewing business composition and assessing market opportunities to optimize asset performance and value.
- Reviewing cost structure and operating efficiencies of all departments.
- Evaluating strategic alternatives for food and beverage, including branding, leasing and modification of offerings in order to maximize cash flow.
EFFICIENCY AND OPERATIONS ASSESSMENTS
Check in, customer service and guest feedback.
- Management’s variance reporting.
- Purchasing and inventory controls.
- Cost structure and operating efficiencies of all departments, including rooms, F&B, retail, laundry, sports, membership and ancillary operating departments, as well as non-department unallocated expenses such as energy, corporate overhead, insurance coverage, property taxes and other fixed costs.
- Corporate charge-backs – Review Corporate charge backs for consistency and allowance under the Hotel Management, Techinical Services or other agreements.
- Vendor approval practices and terms.
- Strategic business and marketing plan review and execution
- Business composition and market opportunities to optimize asset performance and value.
- Strategic alternatives for food and beverage, including branding, leasing and modification of offerings in order to maximize cash flow.
TRANSACTIONAL DUE DILIGENCE
- Our due diligence team is able to quickly assess corporate overhead (on portfolio acquisitions), identify areas for operations improvement, including accounting and finance functions, strategic marketing opportunities, management company effectiveness, ascertaining physical plant requirements, compliance with existing contracts, labor agreements and other legal due diligence. Chasen has in-depth hotel finance expertise, including detailed knowledge of financing structures and how these structures impact and integrate with hotel operations and cash-flow needs. We also review and/or prepare detailed projections and forecasts to help our clients make a fully informed assessment of each opportunity.
Chasen Capital understands that an acquisition is just the beginning of a business opportunity for our clients, and not the end. Our senior professionals provide ongoing strategic oversight, both on-site and off-site, in several capacities, such as;
- owner’s representative, board member, asset manager and outside consultant.
- monitor property operations, including management company performance,
- analyze property reporting, including variances relative to pro forma, provide real time recommendations for property and operational improvements, and provide accurate detailed reporting to principals.
- Recommendations on key management employees as well as the performance of the existing management company.
CAPITAL FORMATION AND ORIGINATION
- Litigation Review
- Litigation Business Strategy
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Interrogatory and Deposition Assistance
- Damage Assessments
- Damage Rebuttals
Vacation Ownership services
Our team of experts are well versed in all aspects of the vacation ownership industry (“VO”). VO is one of the most complex forms of real estate. Generally, Vacation Ownership refers to traditional “timeshare”, fractional interests, private residence clubs and destination clubs. We provide services across the various VO platforms including
- Physical product development and sales;
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Economic and Financial Feasibility Services
- Liquidity issues and financing options resulting from review and analysis of the consumer receivables portfolio;
- Managing the servicing of consumer receivables;
- Allocation of Common Area Costs and Expenses between various resort components
- Home Owner and Master Associations budgets and financial statements;
- Optimizing the financial and economic interactions between various resort components;
SALES AND MARKETING
- Sales – Driving top line revenue through increased effectiveness and efficiencies through
- Balancing sales line opportunities to retain the best personnel;
- Pre-qualifying leads to optimize closing ratios;
- Balancing velocity of sales and pricing;
- Assisting in “sales line” educational programs
- Marketing – Positioning the product to optimize marketing channels, market perception, collateral material and customer targeting;
- Designing programs to optimize various distribution channels and generate demand to “visit” the property.
- Managing the cost of lead flow generation;
- Call center set-up and monitoring
- Co-operative marketing programs to enhance overall product offering
- Creation and design of the physical product, legal product and overall consumer product offering;
- Working with the top lawyers in the industry, provide assistance in the legal structuring and interface with multi-jurisdictional authorities;
- Implementing innovative product solutions which;
- Provide flexibility of use;
- Maximizes the overall product offering and vacation experience;
- Designing programs to incentivize additional purchases and upgrades;
- Maximizing the exchange process through negotiations with Exchange Companies, internal exchange networks and private label exchange networks.
LEGAL AND LITIGATION SERVICES
- Assisting legal counsel in the structuring of the offering memorandums, management contracts and other legal documents;
- Management Contract Disputes – Including decisions to terminate, restructure or change existing Master Association Management Agreements, Franchise Agreements, Technical Services Agreement, etc.
- Development of damage estimates arising from mis-management, failure to comply with the operating agreements and lost profits;
- Review and critique opposing experts in both methodology and damage estimates.
- Strategy, interrogatory and deposition assistance;
- Expert Testimony
- Assist in cost benefit analyses in order to help quantify a decision to litigate or a proposed settlement of claims.
CAPITAL FORMATION AND ORIGINATION –
- Assisting developers in the solicitation and structuring of Capital;
- Assistance in the preparation of business plans, funding requests and development of financial statements;
- Determine tactical and strategic plans related to capital needs over project life-cycles.